Gristwood and Toms Ltd are seeking to employ a suitably experienced and qualified Manager for the Midlands, based in Birmingham.
Roles and Responsibilities to include:
- Management of day-to-day operational mobilisation
- Implementation of essential toolbox talks
- Pre-works site inspection and works coordination.
- Site Health & Safety and Quality audits
- Client Liaison
- Management of operational staff and works allocation.
- Works estimating and specification
- Damage and incident investigations
- Managerial absence cover
- Organisation of traffic sensitive works and parking restrictions
Based at our depot in Birmingham, the successful candidate will report to the Area Contract Manager, you will be expected to operate within all contract areas serviced from Birmingham and be able to travel outside of these areas periodically as required.
- Appropriate industry qualifications and or experience
- Familiarity with risk assessment processes and method statements
- Competence in VTA and working towards achieving Professional Tree Inspection accreditation
- Good communication skills (Oral, Written) and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of staff management issues
- IT Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) in house training will be provided as required
- Must be able to work flexible hours if required
- Full driving licence
- Capacity to ensure compliance with BS3998; 2010-Tree Work Recommendations
- Local Authority experience
- Experience of managing H&S in the workplace
- Experience of working with electronic tree management systems
- 20 Days paid leave plus bank holidays
- Company vehicle
- We are an equal opportunity employer
£34 to £40k PA; subject to qualifications and experience
For further information please email your CV to Joan.email@example.com. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview.